Club Med Kani – 2 words: Postcard perfect! Right after Male City, we made our way to Club Med Kani and stayed for 4 days 3 nights. In Maldives, almost all of the resorts are sitting on it’s own island and it is scattered around the atolls. This trip marked my first ever Club Med experience and it certainly didn’t disappoint at all. What I love most was the all inclusive package, which includes accommodation, food and free flow of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. It was totally hassle free and you are ready to enjoy the minute you step foot onto this beautiful resort.
“White sand shores and oceans brimming with marine life. The pristine turquoise waters stretch out to the horizon, palm trees sway in the breeze, and there are so many fun ways to enjoy this idyllic scenery. Whether it’s snorkelling with colourful fish, paddling through crystal clear waters, diving, or surfing some of the world’s finest breaks, every day will be a perfect day in the Maldives.” – Club Med Kani.
We chose to stay in the renovated superior rooms, which was facing the east side of the south-west side of the island. The surroundings of our room was rather quiet as the main restaurant and the bars were all situated in the centre of the island. We spent most of our time outdoors and we were barely in our rooms, except to shower and sleep.
Upon arrival, we checked in at the reception and each of us was given a wrist band-cum-keycard for our respective rooms. The General Officers (GOs) gave us a simple briefing before showing us to our designated crib. It was pleasant and definitely value for money. We spent the next 4 days doing almost all the activities that Club Med Kani has to offer. By this, I meant the free ones. We have only really paid for the fun dives with Euro Divers Maldives and purchased some merchandise from the gift shop as sourvenirs. So, I’ve listed down what to do or see at Club Med Kani.
Top 15 Things You Should Do at Club Med Kani
- Upon arrival, soak in the crisp and clear turquoise waters, take a stroll at the jetty and capture your best moments. Trust me, it’s Instagram worthy!
- Try as many dishes to your heart’s content at the international buffet lunch and dinner, served at Velhi – the main restaurant. They have a great variety of cuisine from all over the world. It was amazing to see the effort they put to dress up their dishes.
- If you’re still hungry, there is always food available at the Kaana and Kandu. Fret not because there is always late breakfast and late lunch at the respective sites.
- If you have in mind to dive, be sure to make your way to Euro Divers Kani to book your fun dives for the next day. The dive centre is just located right next to Kaana. You can make your bookings between 4pm-6pm the day before. We were given a complimentary orientation dive prior to our fun dives.
- They have so many water sports activities, you will be spoil for choice. Head over to the water sports centre near the gym. We took a kayak and went out to sea. Enjoy watching fishes swimming through the crystal clear waters from your kayak.
- Sailing was pretty fun! It was my first and we had one of the General Officers (GOs) to accompany us out to sea. There are specific timings if you are interested to learn the skills to maneuver the sail. Highly recommended!
- Check the daily activities tabulated on the timetable. There are complimentary zumba sessions and yoga classes available everyday. With all the eating and drinking, you ought to burn off the calories. My take was the sunset yoga class held by the beach. It was just perfect!
- Drown yourself in the all inclusive free flow of alcoholic beverages. There were a decent selection of liquors, beers and cocktails on the menu. My favourite cocktail was the Sunset Cruise. If you’re a non-drinker, have yourself a fruit punch or coffee/tea. Stay hydrated!
- While you are sipping your cocktail, why not bask in the sun and enjoy the sunset. I personally favour the cushions near the Sunset Bar. There are pretty comfortable and rest assured, you will be able to watch the sunset ‘almost’ without any obstruction.
- Be sure to try out the ‘Twin Swings of Happiness’ just further down the beach towards the Over Water Villas. Keep your balance and get someone to capture the moment!
- Iru Bar is a nice place to spend your mornings reading a book or evenings sipping cocktails. If you’re lucky, you get to see baby reef sharks feeding over the waters from the deck.
- Willing to spend some cash? You can visit their Spa Center or get a masseuse to do it for you right at the beach. Fancy!
- If there is one thing that truly reflects the essence of Club Med Kani, it had to be their daily Theatre Shows at 915pm. We were there for 3 nights and we enjoyed all their performances: Broadway Night, Bollywood Night and African Tribe Dance. They even had specific themes and dresscode every evening.
- Find yourself a hammock and drift your mind off in paradise. There is a hammock at the end of the beach towards the Over Water Villa. Make your way there!
- Last but not least, you can also enjoy the paid excursions such as dolphin watching, fishing trip, and the catamaran cruise. Snorkelling is at 930am and 230pm daily for free. We didn’t have the time to do those excursions, as we opt to do diving instead. At the end, we decided to just sit back, relax and enjoyed the remaining time of our stay.
Club Med Kani (4D3N) – USD $ 805 / MYR 3,583
Inclusive of full board – accommodation, food & drinks, airport transfer
(*subject to daily conversion rate)
Thanks for an informative article.